Monday, November 18, 2013

Mmm Mmm Pasta

I had the laziest of lazy weekends. I'm not complaining because sometimes you need them-Yes, need. I spent an additional day in East Lansing with my favorite man, watching the Steelers beat the Lions (woo), because of the horrible storms that passed through more than half the country. Once again, not complaining. 

I told myself I'd wake up, drive home and work out. Instead, I woke up, drove home and made the largest batch of pasta ever.  Same thing right? 

The pasta was whole wheat egg noodles and the sauce, tomato parmesan- aka vegetarian deliciousness. 

In a large skillet heat butter, onion, olive oil and minced garlic. 
Once the onions start to brown, add two cans of Hunts tomato sauce.

Heat on low for 20-30 minutes until the sauce thickens. Add salt, pepper, or sugar for taste. I didn't add sugar this time but sometimes the sauce tastes too acidic and I do. 

Add a 1/2 cup milk and 1/4 cup of Parmesan. Stir and heat on low for five additional minutes. 

Pour over pasta and enjoy :) 

Okay, now I promise I'll go workout. 
Gotta work off this pasta!  


No comments:

Post a Comment