Friday, November 22, 2013

My Ode to Jackie-O

In honor of the JFK 50 year remembrance, I give you an "Ode to Jackie-O"
I favor a lot of the classy staples she embodied:  big sunglasses, pearls, and gloves.  
In my opinion, there has never been a more elegant first lady. 


 Jackie exudes class, grace, and is elevated to a heroine status in the eyes of many for how she dealt with great tragedy with such poise. Jackie was a real lady; she possessed a flavor of elegance that I feel is slipping away in today's society.



And for my own feminist touch on things, as always:
"What is sad for women of my generation is that they weren't supposed to work if they had families. What were they going to do when the children are grown - watch the raindrops coming down the window pane?" -Jackie Kennedy Onassis



No comments:

Post a Comment