Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Advice to Graduates

IG Photo by: Shel_Photography

Dear Graduates,

Congratulations! You made it! You survived the unruly high school years. I hope this is a first of many life achievements you will fulfill. It amazes me that it has been 5 years since I walked across that stage and celebrated twelve years of socializing, countless Friday nights under the lights, bonfires and a little bit of studying. In these 5 years I have done a lot of growing up. I have done a lot of learning, a lot of failing and a lot of apologizing to my parents for those troublesome teenage years and grey hairs I gave them.  




I've developed a list of lessons I've learned over the past 5 years to guide you, to comfort you and to shine some light on the future ahead:



I hope this inspires you to keep succeeding. If anything I hope you remember this 5 years from now and are able to agree with me and maybe add some more to the list. I wish someone would have told me these things when I was eighteen. They probably did, but I was too stubborn to hear it. 

Good luck to you all in every single endeavor. I hope you succeed to levels you never thought were possible. I hope you fail and try harder the next time. More than anything, I hope you are happy. 



No comments:

Post a Comment