Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Woof

Earlier this week I felt the weight of the world on my shoulders. I sat at the kitchen table, covered with papers, projects and popcorn, and felt a cold, wet nose on my leg. At this point Bella (my adorable four-legged sidekick) was not even cute to me. She was annoying. I thought; I just fed you AND let you out. What more could you want!? It was then when I realized one thing: she just wanted to be held. Strangely enough I felt that I needed the same thing.

I picked Bella up, twirled her around a few times, and chased her around the house. Before I knew it I was laughing, smiling, and oh so importantly breathing again. It was like she could sense my fragile demeanor. Yes-I know she's just a dog, but she's a dog with more personality than Kristen Stewart. She's perfect.

In those moments of stress and anxiety, it's important to take a deep breath and find a reason to smile.
Don't over estimate the power of human (puppy) touch. We often need them more then they need us.

Xo

No comments:

Post a Comment